Thanks a million times or infinity and beyond times. It was a corrupted or most probably a stupid file in the profile that denied access to cause the failure. I can currently remote in as I have had a profile on there for a while now, but it is stopping anyone creating a new profile. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer. Surely, some type of manual change was made to this machine to cause this problem.
How can i resolve this error given the above matters? We have this problem occaisionaly and deleting that resolves it. Got the user to log back in and all was fine! User Profile cannot be loaded. Hi Guys, I am experiencing a problem with Remote Desktop Services running on Windows Server 2008 R2. User Profile cannot be loaded. These instructions quickly resolved the profile login failure issue I was experiencing. This will leave behind the registry entry for the user's profile. Give it an appropriate file name e.
This fix is great in a workgroup environment, however we encountered this issue on a domain level. The Windows Modules Installer service cannot be started, reporting error 1450, insufficient system resources. This used to happen a week ago when I was at a customer site and was in really pain for this situation and surprisingly this morning. Ok, so, in my wonderful hazy ignorance, I recently was doing a clear up of a profile list on a Server 2008 Terminal Server. No new user was able to login, although it was allowing the users to login who had profiles from long time.
I tried all the solutions provided here and none of them were successful. Copying over a known working default user folder fixed things for me as well. We didn't set any limits on active sessions, but these were the limits on idle or disconnected sessions: Inactive sessions were disconnected after 4 hours Disconnected sessions were logged off after 4 hours In that example, an idle user would be disconnected after 4 hours, then that disconnected session would be logged off after another 4 hours. I can also confirm that the users attemting to logon are successfully authenticating on to the domain according to the security event logs. If the folder does exist, it may be corrupt. This is the error: The User Profile Service failed the logon.
Has anyone else out there had a similar problem? If this problem was caused by lack of free space on the system C: drive, you obviously need to deal with that first. To my horror at 5:00 pm. I have written about possible causes for that. A recent Jan 2014 Windows update appears to create a couple of new files in the Default profile structure. Obvouslly there is a big issue here and it appears there were similar issues with Vista. .
However, I really need a solution. The culprit turned out to be bad permissions on the default user profile. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. I finally got the registry key removed by unloading it. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved.
This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights. You should end up with something like below. Is there anyone out there that has a real soultion or really know why this happens? As all the 5 application servers are facing the same problem and I cannot use the profiles from these servers to replace. I dumped this on the terminal server and logged into the terminal server and doubled clicked the reg file to add the values back in to the terminal servers registry. It's Microsoft's best practices to use Advanced System Settings to remove the user profile. I copied the default user profile from one of our other server 2008 r2s and popped it on to the terminal server.
By on September 18, 2013 in This article is part of , a set of posts explaining the knowledge and tools required to tame Windows user profiles. We have been trialling various remote applications successfully with minimal issues until this morning when I got a report in that a new user could not open a remote session. If the problem is in the default folder, we can copy it from another computer with the same operating system version, same language, same patches. The only thing I did in addition to these instructions was to create a backup of my problem profile first; I figured that would save me in case I screwed something up in the Registry. Cheers Just to add something.
I have tried countless ideas or supposed solutions posted on countless forums. At the end of the day, when user activity drops, it will again be possible to log new users on - so it seems that it is unrelated to the content of the user profile folders. Browse to the share where these disks are located. I copied their profile from this server back in to the terminal server. If it is, then move on to the next step.